Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
The quickest you'll ever make! From a Galveston-area church cookbook....
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter (don't use margarine)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Melt the butter in a medium glass bowl.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and sour cream.
- Divide batter evenly into the cups of an 8-cup muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Tasty biscuits I made to use up some sour cream. Served with butter and seedless raspberry jam. I made my own two cups of self-rising flour as follows: Place 3 teaspoons baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt in a two-cup measuring cup. Add enough all-purpose flour to equal 2 cups. Will definitely make these biscuits again.
I really enjoyed these biscuits. They were tender and flaky, and so easy to make. I loved the texture of these treats. We enjoyed them with fried chicken and honey, so delicious. Thanks for sharing a recipe that I will make again and again.
My Husband and I loved this recipe !!! It was super easy to put together. Baked up in a flash. Thank you for the recipe !