Recipe by Good Cook Wanda
I got this recipe from a very dear friend, a lady who prepared meals for their farm hands every day. Quick and easy desserts were a necessity. This is also very good with a lemon cake mix.
Top Review by Becky in Wisconsin
I made these as lemon bars and they were FANTASTIC. Very rich and good. I added a little lemon juice to the cream cheese mixture that goes in the top layer, and I could have added more for a little more lemon tang. Great recipe and thanks for sharing.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix together cake mix, 1 egg and butter. Mixture should be stiff like a dough.
- Press into greased pan.
- Mix together cream cheese, 2 eggs and powdered sugar and poured over the dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes.