Top Review by Hey Jude
This cake is SO good....tasted like something from a bakery. Very quick and easy and I agree with the other reviewer that berries on the side would be nice...maybe also some icing drizzled on top. But, it's fantastic just the way it is. I took this to work and it disappeared in minutes. Thanks Charlotte, this is a real keeper!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend 1 1/2 cups sugar and melted butter.
- Beat in eggs.
- Stir in almond and vanilla extracts.
- Add salt and flour and mix well.
- Spread batter evenly in a greased-and-floured, 9-inch round pan.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds and sugar for garnish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- (Toast almonds ahead or in oven while it is preheating.).