Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great soup that isn't time consuming.
- 3⁄4 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- In large saucepan, cook sausage, onion,celery and garlic until meat is done.
- Add beans, broth, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Using the one can of broth produced a rather stew-like product, had to add a second can of broth to create soup. Doubt if I make this recipe again.
Oh MizzNezz, I really liked this. It was very easy and quite tasty. I did use beef stock instead of broth (to cut the sodium a bit). Used 2 tsps of garlic and substituted Great Northern Beans for the Butter/Lima beans (personal preferences) Very minor changes to a lovely recipe. Thanks for posting!