Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is good as an appetizer, Hors D'Oeuvres or as a snack. World's Best Recipes.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can shrimp (drained and dried)
- 4 slices buttered rye bread or 4 slices pumpernickel bread, toasted
- 4 slices dill gherkins
- 4 slices tomatoes
- Beat together eggs, salt, paprika, and chives.
- Melt margarine in skillet.
- Add onions and cook until transparent.
- Stir in shrimp and cook until heated.
- Pour egg mixture over onion and shrimp; scramble, stirring slowly.
- Serve on toast while still warm.
- Garnish with dill gherkin and tomato slices.