Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
The perfect red fruity sauce or coulis for winter desserts such as pudding or warm chocolate cake! Raspberry coulis is also great for a special breakfast, with cinnamon french toast or pancakes. From the book 'Sugar Pie & Jelly Roll: Sweets from a Southern Kitchen'.
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, washed and drained (without syrup or juice)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kirsch or 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier or 1 teaspoon cognac
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Note: If using frozen berries, allow them to defrost.