Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Nobody doesn't like burnt creme and it's easy to make. Excellent way to end a dinner party or Sunday dinner. Chill times not included in cook time.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons sugar, for topping
- Place a 9x13 baking pan in oven; fill with 1/2" water; preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat cream over low heat until bubbles form at edge of pan; beat egg yolks and sugar until thick, about 3 minutes; add cream slowly while beating; add vanilla.
- Place six 6 ounce custard cups in water bath; pour custard into cups; bake until set, about 45 minutes.
- Refrigerate until chilled; sprinkle each cup with 2 tsp sugar; place on top oven rack and broil until medium brown, 1-2 minutes, or use a mini torch to brown sugar; chill and serve.
This is great! Definitely a dessert to have on special occasions, but not very often or your waistline may expand!