Recipe by Bill Woodward
Hot (both spice and temperature-wise) artichoke dip. The original recipe came from a pamphlet for d'Oni Enterprises (http://www.d-0ni.com/) that I picked up at a Fiery Foods show in Austin, TX. The original recipe calls for d'Oni Burning Desire sauce, which is very good, but I've also used other hot sauces for it. Depending on the heat of the sauce, I'll use anywhere from 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon, so adjust to taste. Also, if you can find them, get diced Hatch green chiles.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon burning desire habanero sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 1⁄2 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces diced green chilies
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 4 ounces chopped black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, and hot sauce in a stand mixer until they are mixed well. Add in the artichoke hearts, chiles, and mushrooms and mix just until they are integrated. Pour the mixture into a 2 quart baking dish and cover the top with the chopped olives.
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes. Serve with crackers, bread, or tortilla chips.