Recipe by Brenda.
From Nirmala Narine, a sweet and spicy snack.
Top Review by realbirdlady
A quick irresistible munchie. I would use a little less cayenne and more of the other spices next time. This is definitely a recipe where it's best to have all the ingredients measured before you start. Once the honey goes into the oil, it all moves pretty quickly. Awfully high in saturated fat from the nuts and coconut, but worth an occaisional treat. I think this could make a nice sprinkle for ice cream.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups unsalted almonds or 2 cups unsalted cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded, toasted
- coarse sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large frying pan to medium and add the oil.
- Stir in the honey and cayenne, cumin and curry powder.
- Once the oil and honey are combined, add the nuts and stir until all the nuts are evenly coated.
- Add the toasted coconut and gently stir until the nuts are evenly coated with coconut.
- Season with coarse sea salt to taste. Immediately transfer nuts to a large non-stick baking sheet and spread them out to cool.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.