Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
Needs to marinate at least 6 hours.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups beer
- 3 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon beer
- lettuce leaf
- onion, slices
- 6 hamburger buns, grilled or toasted
- In a bowl, add onion, tomato paste, garlic, salt, rosemary, pepper, and allspicep; mix well.
- Add the ground beef; using hands, mix well.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties.
- Put patties into a shallow container.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups beer over patties.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 6 to 24 hours, turning the burgers at least once.
- Right before you are ready to grill, mix together mustard, worcestershire sauce and 1 tablespoon beer in a small bowl.
- Remove patties from from container and discard marinade.
- Place patties on a grill over medium heat.
- Grill for 14-18 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning once.
- Serve patties on buns with mustard sauce, lettuce and onion slices.