Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mexican fried cookies.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a large bowl combine eggs with 1/4 cup sugar and beat until thick and lemon-colored. Add the oil. Combine separately 1-1/2 cups of the flour, the baking powder and the salt. Gradually add this to the egg mixture and beat well.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board (use remaining 1/2 cup flour) and knead thoroughly until dough is smooth.
- Shape dough into sixteen balls. Roll each one into a circle about 5 inches in diameter. Let stand uncovered on waxed paper for about 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat oil in a deep fry pan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry circles until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Store airtight.