- Ready In:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- oil (for frying)
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. In smaller bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add this gradually, beating, to flour mixture.
- Add a half a stick melted butter, beat.
- Place dough on floured surface and knead til silky and elastic.
- Roll into balls or ropes, and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Fry in hot oil, (370º), til golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Roll/toss in cinnamon/sugar mix.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
To everyone who thinks they messed up. THIS PIC IS EXTREMELY MISLEADING. I noticed on some posts here that some of you may have not flattened your balls. Buñuelos are fried flat discs of dough. There is a direction in this recipe that is easy to miss. YOU MUST FLATTEN THE BALLS BEFORE FRYING. Look at other buñuelo recipes online or do an image search and you'll see what I mean