1/2 Photos of Bun Ga Nuong (Grilled Chicken and Vermicelli Salad)
2 hrs 30 mins
Teresa M's Note:
This recipe comes from Chef Viet Tran of New York City's and Philadelphia's Le Colonial Restaurants. I posted this in response to a recipe request. I have neither tasted or made this. (Prep time will depend on how long you marinate. Use your own judgement on how much you shrimp you want with this).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (2 whole breasts split to make 4 pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 whole shallots, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup unsalted, chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup rice vermicelli (available in Asian grocery stores)
- 1Mix dressing ingredients together.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil, add pasta, remove after 3-4 minutes or when almost soft.
- 4Strain in colander.
- 5Marinate chicken breasts in the garlic, shallots, salt and pepper and vegetable oil for at least an hour.
- 6When ready to cook, grill chicken on both sides until done (about 10-15 minutes).
- 7Cut into bite sized pieces.
- 8In each of 4 bowls, divide lettuce and cucumbers.
- 9Top with vermicelli.
- 10Arrange chicken on top of pasta.
- 11Pour about 2 ounces of dressing on each salad.
- 12Sprinkle with fresh mint and peanuts.
- 13Remove shells from shrimp and clean.
- 14Saute shrimp in garlic, shallots and vegetable oil.
- 15Set aside.
- 16Thinly slice cucumber, carrot, daikon and red onion and mix together in a bowl.
- 17Add dressing and set aside.
- 18Heat grill.
- 19Season shrimp with salt and pepper and 1T of the chopped basil.
- 20Grill on both sides and removed when cooked (less than 5 minutes).
- 21Put cucumber and carrot mixture in the middle of each of 4 plates.
- 22Arrange shrimp around, then sprinkle with remaining chopped basil, mint peanuts and fried shallots.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bun Ga Nuong (Grilled Chicken and Vermicelli Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.7
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 569.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: