Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
Korean Marinated Beef This is rolled like a taco with the lettuce leaf as your outer shell.
- 1 lb sliced beef rib eye (korean stores sell the right cut)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 sliced garlic cloves
- black pepper
- toasted sesame seeds
- sliced spring onion
- lettuce leaf, large pieces to roll meat and rice in
- cooked rice
- Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and garlic together. Taste and adjust for seasonings. Add black pepper, sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
- Marinate beef at least one hour.
- Grill a few miniutes on each side. It should be cooked through thoroughly but not dry.
- Serve with rice, sam (large lettuce leaves) and kochujang (hot bean paste).
- In each lettue leaf, put a little bit of rice, some bulgogi and some hot bean paste. Roll like a little taco.
Wonderful flavor! I added a pinch of crushed red chili peppers in marinade. I used butter lettuce and it was great!! (with a bit of kim chee ) :) I also steamed rice (DH wasn't interested in wrapped lettuce). Thank you Karen!