Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 30 -40 chicken wings, cut up two pieces from each wing with the tips discarded
- 1 -2 bottle Crystal hot sauce (NOT Tabasco!)
- 1⁄2-2 cup butter
- 1⁄2-1 cup oil (to fry with)
- flour (to dust wings before frying)
- blue cheese dressing (Ken's Steak House)
- Cut up wings, rinse and pat wing pieces dry.
- Dust wing pieces in flour.
- Heat oil in a large pot or skillet about 1"-2" deep to 375F degrees (Medium to medium high heat).
- Take wing pieces shake off excess flour put in pot and fry in oil until crispy, about 5 minutes per side (Turn often to keep from burning).
- Fry in"batches" to keep from over crowding.
- Drain wings on paper towels on a broiler rack.
- Keep warm in a 200 degree oven until all wing pieces are done.
- Make sauce by melting 1 part butter to 2 parts Crystal hot sauce (1 stick butter= 1/2 cup, 1 cup Crystal hot sauce).
- You can add a dash of vinegar and some cayenne pepper or a dash of Tabasco to make it hotter if you wish!
- Dip the wing pieces in the sauce and serve with the Celery and Carrot sticks with LOTS of the Blue Cheese Dressing.
- NOTE: This recipe came from the famous"bar" in Buffalo NY.
This was the first time I've ever made hot wings and they were restraunt quality!! My SO was inpressed and he at the whole bowl I served. No need for blue cheese they were very mild.
Great recipe! I added two teaspoons of cider vinegar.
Why specify brands. I like Tabasco and I don't like Ken's.