Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
The best flavors of Buffalo wings are in these spicy sandwiches. I found this fast and easy recipe years ago in a Bon Appetit magazine.
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup hot pepper sauce
- 6 tablespoons butter (3/4 stick)
- 1 (5/8 ounce) envelope dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 kaiser rolls, halved
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, with skin
- all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- purchased blue cheese dressing (use your favorite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir a 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce, butter, and dressing mix in a heavy medium saucepan over low heat until sauce is smooth; add more hot sauce, if desired. Arrange roll bottoms on plates. Top each with lettuce leaf and 2 tablespoons sauce.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt; dust lightly with flour, then brush generously with remaining sauce. Dust lightly with flour again. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; saute and brown until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Complete sandwiches with chicken, blue cheese dressing and roll tops.