Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe off of Frank's Redhot Sauce web site. I fixed for the first time last week. DH loved it. I noticed that this was slightly different than the recipes I had seen posted. I adapted it to fit our needs.
- 2 prepared pizza crust, shells
- 118.29 ml pizza sauce
- 118.29 ml barbecue sauce
- 709.77 ml cooked shredded chicken
- 118.29 ml red hot sauce, I used Frank's Hot Sauce
- 473.18 ml shredded cheese, for pizza
- 158.51 ml blue cheese, crumbled
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place pizza shells on pizza baking pans.
- Combine pizza sauce and barbecue sauce.
- Spread sauces on pizza shells.
- Toss chicken with redhot sauce and arrange on top of pizzas.
- Sprinkle cheeses on top of pizza shells.
- Bake 15 minutes until crust is crisy and cheese melts.
- Cut into slices. Could be used as appetizer and cut into smaller pieces.
Great recipe! I used tortilla shells for my pizza crust to cut down on the carbs. Used leftover buffalo chicken from Buffalo Chicken Sliders I omitted the pizza sauce and just used our favorite BBQ sauce on each tortilla. I topped with the chicken, chihuahua cheese and blue cheese. Although I didn't go overboard with the gorgonzola, it was overpowering and I am a HUGE lover of blue cheese. So take care there! Less baking time because I did not use a pizza crust. All in all a real winner. Thanks for posting happynana.
You gave me a good recipe. I gave you a good picture. We'll call that a draw.
I've made this recipe several times and it's become my son's favorite meal. For the barbecue sauce, I use the "Chipotles in Adobo BBQ Sauce" found on this site (http://www.food.com/recipe/chipotles-in-adobo-bbq-sauce-368461). I've used store bought, but the barbecue sauce listed here makes the pizza even better. I don't add the blue cheese as I'm the only one in my family who likes it so I leave it out and use cheese's that I have on hand, mozzarella, cheddar, munster, etc. We also like it with red sliced onions over the top which kicks it up in flavor. I've also used the prepared pizza dough as suggested in the recipe and have used fresh pizza dough, both are good, but the fresh pizza dough in my opinion is better. The plus in using the prepared dough is that you can put it together quickly on a weeknight after work. This is now a staple in our family. Thank you happynana.