1/1 Photo of Buffalo Chicken Mac-N-Cheese
Buffalo chicken meets mac-n-cheese. How can you possibly go wrong? I threw this together for the end-of-the-year potluck lunch at the high school where I teach, and it went over really well. Addendum: Like the first two reviewers, I also used Ken's. Worked great! However, I have to disagree with one reviewer about the celery. I've made this with and without the celery, and its inclusion really makes a world of difference in terms of texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, uncooked (preferrably the large variety)
- 24 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces buffalo wing sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- 1Cook the macaroni in a pot of boiling salted water.
- 2While the pasta is cooking, whisk the milk and flour together in a bowl, then pour into a saucepan, bringing it to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and stir in chicken, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, buffalo sauce and hot sauce (if you're using it). Cook until the cheese melts.
- 4When the pasta is done, drain it and stir in the cheese mixture and the celery.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Chicken Mac-N-Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.1
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 102.7 mg
- Sodium 364.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 38.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
buffalo wing sauce