1 hr 10 mins
Angela Dawn's Note:
Buffalo is a very lean and delicious alternative to beef. I enjoy it in this yummy and very nutritious version of enchiladas. They are fairly easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh ground buffalo meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1 large onion
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 large flour tortillas or 8 large corn tortillas
- 1In a pan brown the buffalo in the oil for about 3-4 minutes. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic. Saute for another 3-4 minutes. Add salt to taste and help "sweat" the onion and pepper.
- 2Rinse black beans and add to the mixture.
- 3Then add green chilis, chili powder, Tequila, lime juice, cumin and ground pepper. Let simmer for 5 minutes on Med-High or until liquid starts to reduce and dissipate. stir in the shredded chicken. Remove from heat and let set for at least 5 minutes.
- 4Fill each tortilla with meat mixture and add a little bit of Queso Fresco and cheddar into each one. Fold into a burrito and place in a baking dish. I usually use two 8x 8x glass dishes. Pour the red enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with the Monterey Jack cheese.
- 5Bake in a 375F oven for 35 minutes or until the cheese is golden grown and it's completely heated through.
- 6Serve with sour cream and salsa on a bed of lettuce. They are fairly big. You may substitute more buffalo for the chicken or use beef for the whole thing. I just like it best with both.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo & Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.3
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 64.2 mg
- Sodium 1327.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 38.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: