Recipe by IngridH
Ramen is a college student's best friend. But what to do with it when you're tired of soup? Look to another best friend- pizza! Here is a pasta salad with the same ingredients you'd find on your favorite pizza- pepperoni, olives, bell peppers, and of course, cheese! This is best served shortly after it's made- but who wants to wait anyway!
- 1 teaspoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (any flavor)
- 1 ounce pepperoni, chopped
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, cut in 1/4 inch chunks
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine salad dressing mix and water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add mayonaise, vinegar, and oregano, and whisk to combine.
- Discard flavor packet from ramen noodles. Cook in boiling water for two minutes, or until just tender.
- Drain noodles well, and toss with dressing.
- Using a clean pair of kitchen shears, cut noodles into shorter pieces in the bowl.
- Add pepperoni, olives, cheeses, bell pepper, onion, and pepper flakes.
- Toss well to coat all ingredients with dressing.
- Taste, and add salt, pepper, or more oregano as needed.
- Transfer to 2 serving bowls and serve.