Recipe by ellie_
This is a wonderful fall dessert or breakfast. For dessert these are delicious topped with vanilla ice cream and for breakfast topped with whipped cream. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (October 1984)
Top Review by Barb G.
SO VERY YUMMY, and easy to make. DH loved them, scarfed them up as soon as I could make them. Made them just like the recipe said, using golden delicious apples, used RUM in the batter and in cooking of the apples. I will definitely be making these again & again. Thank you Ellie for another delicious recipe.
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup white flour
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- vegetable oil, for cooking
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 apples, peeled,cored and cut into slices 1/2 inch thick (yellow delicious work well)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons rum or 3 tablespoons apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a food processor or a blender, process the first 8 ingredients (milk-vanilla) together for one minute or until smooth.
- Heat a 7-inch crepe pan over medium-high heat, brushed lightly with oil.
- Spoon 1/4 of the batter into the corner of the pan, tillting pan until it coats bottom of pan.
- Cook crepe until bottom is firm and brown, loosening corner with a knife.
- Turn crepe and cook other side.
- Slide cooked crepe onto plate while cooking remaining crepes, stirring batter and brushing with additional oil as necessary.
- To make filling: melt butter in skillet and add apples, cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Add rum (or juice) and cook until liquid is absorbed (8-10 minutes).
- Spoon 1/4 of the filling into crepe, roll and sprinkle with powdered sugar and ice cream (or whipped cream) to serve.