This is a wonderful fall dessert or breakfast. For dessert these are delicious topped with vanilla ice cream and for breakfast topped with whipped cream. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (October 1984)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- vegetable oil, for cooking
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 apples, peeled,cored and cut into slices 1/2 inch thick (yellow delicious work well)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons rum or 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1Using a food processor or a blender, process the first 8 ingredients (milk-vanilla) together for one minute or until smooth.
- 2Heat a 7-inch crepe pan over medium-high heat, brushed lightly with oil.
- 3Spoon 1/4 of the batter into the corner of the pan, tillting pan until it coats bottom of pan.
- 4Cook crepe until bottom is firm and brown, loosening corner with a knife.
- 5Turn crepe and cook other side.
- 6Slide cooked crepe onto plate while cooking remaining crepes, stirring batter and brushing with additional oil as necessary.
- 7To make filling: melt butter in skillet and add apples, cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 8Add rum (or juice) and cook until liquid is absorbed (8-10 minutes).
- 9Spoon 1/4 of the filling into crepe, roll and sprinkle with powdered sugar and ice cream (or whipped cream) to serve.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buckwheat Crepes With Apples
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.0
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 168.0 mg
- Sodium 210.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 40.1 g
- Protein 7.7 g