Wholesome Buckwheat Crepes
photo by Ravenhood
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 2⁄3 cup buckwheat groats (raw, not toasted)
- 1⁄2 cup water (plus more if necessary)
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Soak buckwheat groats in double the amount of water for 4 hours or overnight (you can get away with soaking them for 1 1/2 hours but they`re better after 4 hours of soaking). Rinse them once or twice during soaking if possible.
- When it comes time to using them, drain and rinse the buckwheat groats very well. Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Preheat a greased skillet on medium heat or almost medium heat. Pour 1/4-1/3 cup batches of crepe mixture in your skillet (do so with the skillet off the heat and swirl mixture around quickly to distribute, then stick it back on the hot stove). Cook for about 2 minutes then flip and cook other side until cooked. Flip a last time for a dozen seconds and serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!