Recipe by LUv 2 BaKE
These pancakes are still fluffy like all wheat pancakes, the only thing different is their color. The cinnamon adds a nice touch that fits very well with maple syrup or pumpkin butter. These would probably also be very good with the addition of a chopped apple into the batter. From Cooking Light magazine
Top Review by AmyZoe
I make these too only the recipe I have calls for all-purpose flour and regular milk (your version is healthier). I think the flavors are great. Thank you so much for posting this!
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the whole wheat flour, buckwheat flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, slightly beat egg, whisk in milk, and oil.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until mixed.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter onto a greased hot skillet or griddle; turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Makes about 10 small pancakes.