Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was a free recipe from Gooseberry Patch today! I was so excited :-)
- 552.81 g brownie mix (whatever brand that you want)
- 118.29 ml water (refer to your brownie package)
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil (refer to your brownie package)
- 1 egg (refer to your brownie package)
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 88.74 ml butter, softened
- 226.79 g jar creamy peanut butter
- 170.09 g package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare and bake brownie mix in a greased 13"x9" baking pan according to package directions. Let cool.
- Mix powdered sugar, 1/2 cup butter and peanut butter. Mix well and spread over cooled brownies. Chill for one hour.
- Melt together chocolate chips and remaining butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted. Spread over brownies. Let cool; cut into squares.
These really cure a sweet tooth! I made them to take to my parent's house for Father's Day and as stuffed as we all were, we ate them. Very, very good!! I followed the directions exactly and the came out perfect. Thanks so much for posting.
YUMMY!! My version is slightly different, but not enough to post another recipe! The topping has smaller ingredient amounts, which may decrease calories somewhat (but does it really matter when you're eating something like this??) Note: at room temperature- 70 degrees, the toppings are a wonderful soft and creamy consistency, but sticky to the touch.
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER: 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, 1 cup peanut butter, 1 tsp. vanilla... warm slightly in microwave to help it to spread easier.
CHOCOLATE TOPPING: 4 oz. semi-sweet choc. chips, 4 Tbsp. butter.... drizzle generously.
I also found this recipe and thought I would give it a try. It was delicious. Next time I make it, I might try to cut-back on some of the butter. It takes almost 2 whole sticks of butter - which seems like a lot of butter.