1/1 Photo of Buchinik (Cartoflan)-Galician Potato Pancakes (Latkes)
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is another one from my Bubby. Galicianers made this for Friday lunch, while preparing Shabbos, because it's easy and parve. It's like a lighter latke, so I like to make it on Chanuka. Goes well with sour cream on top or just a sprinkle of sugar or jam, and a salad on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1finely grate the potatoes& sprinkle salt over them.
- 2sprinkle the flour over potatoes to absorb the liquids.
- 3Once liquids are absorbed, add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- 4in a small bowl, put yeast, 2 tablespoons warm water, and 2 tablespoons of salt to create a yeasty mixture.
- 5mix everything together along with eggs.
- 6let rise for 1/2 hour.
- 7fry in shallow oil--let the mixture fill the pan, to make big fluffy pancakes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buchinik (Cartoflan)-Galician Potato Pancakes (Latkes)
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 3539.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: