1/1 Photo of Bubba Bean's This and That Casserole Bake
Marsha D.'s Note:
This is a recipe of my own. I needed to use up things I had in the ref. It's a little time consuming but worth the effort. I used Johnsville Italian Mild Sausage Links. I make my own cream of mushroom soup which I have included in this recipe.By the way, my husband nickname me bubba bean and thats where the name of my recipe came from.:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 johnsville mild sausage links, grilled and cooked
- 2 cups fresh green beans, split in half and blanched
- 2 cups boiled potatoes, drained and cooled slightly
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup French's French fried onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash white pepper
Ingredients for Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grill the Italian sausage and sliced in half and sliced again to bite size pieces.
- 3Slice green beans length wise in half and place in boiling salted water and blanch for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- 4Dice up potatoes and boil in water with 1 chicken bouillon cube, salt and pepper too, drain well.
- 5To make the cream of mushroom soup:.
- 6Boil 1 cup water in microwave and add 1 chicken bouillon cube. Stir to dissolve cube.
- 7In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add 2Tbs. margarine and let melt. Add 2Tbs. diced onions and sauté 2 minutes. Add 1c. diced fresh mushrooms and sauté another 2 minutes. Add 3 Tbs. self rising flour and blend together.
- 8Add chicken bouillon broth and stir well.
- 9Add 1/2 cup whipping cream and stir well.
- 10Add black pepper, and a dash of cayenne pepper and stir till soup thickens.
- 11NOTE: you may want to add salt and more black pepper to taste and more whipping cream if to thick.Or if not thick enough add another Tbs. of flour.
- 12In a large bowl mix together diced up Italian sausage, green beans, potatoes, 1 cup fresh mushrooms, green peppers, onion, cheddar and Monterey jack cheese, French's fried onions, and the cream of mushroom soup. Add rest of seasonings.
- 13Place into a 2 quart baking dish.
- 14NOTE: you can add more cheddar cheese and Monterey jack cheese on top of casserole before baking.
- 15Bake casserole in oven for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bubba Bean's This and That Casserole Bake
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.7
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 1522.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French's French fried onions