1/1 Photo of Bua Loi Phuak (Taro Balls in Coconut Cream)
Carol Bullock's Note:
A scrumptious Thai dessert that I can't resist, I first tried this in my favorite Thai restaurant here in Seattle. It never gets old!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the rice flour and cornstarch in a bowl.
- 2Add the mashed taro and knead. Add water as needed to create a soft dough.
- 3Knead well.
- 4Roll into little balls and set aside.
- 5Dissolve the palm sugar and salt in the coconut milk over low heat, stirring constantly.
- 6Bring to a boil and add the taro balls.
- 7When they are cooked through, remove from the heat.
- 8Serve hot.
- 9Optional: Can sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bua Loi Phuak (Taro Balls in Coconut Cream)
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1078.9
- Calories from Fat 444
- Total Fat 49.4 g
- Saturated Fat 43.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 108.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 155.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 50.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g