Banana in Coconut Cream
This is a Thai recipe creamy and not too sweet, with all the healthy benefits of bananas, so rich in bone-building phosphorus and calcium, heart-healthy potassium, vitamins A and B6. Great for those leg cramps!
- Ready In:
- 5 bananas, Cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups coconut milk, Low fat is fine
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 cup toasted coconut
- 1 mango, peeled pitted and cubed (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk with the cinnamon, sugar and salt, and cook gently until the sugar has dissolved. Add the banana pieces and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon and discard.
- Divide the mixture into 6-8 small bowls and serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yummy comforting. I made ours with pasteurised honey hoping that is healthier than using sugar. My coconut milk was just a regular one from the grocery store. I used less sea salt and the cinnamon stick was cassia bark actually (the cheap stuff passed off as cinnamon here). I toasted the dried shredded coconut in a dry pan. I might make this again!!1Reply
see 8 more