Prep 2 hrs
Cook 2 mins
The best doughnut EVER Not too sweet with a little tiny crunch to it! AMAZING!
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- vegetable oil, for frying
- olive oil, for frying
- 1 lb prepared pizza dough
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Add dough ingredients to machine bread pan in order as per 1. manufacturer's instructions.
- Set to"dough" mode.
- Pour equal parts of vegetable oil and olive oil into a large frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a floured 2-inch cookie cutter, cut out doughnut rounds. Using a floured 1-inch cookie cutter, cut out a hole in the center of each doughnut. Gather the dough scraps and re-roll to cut out more doughnuts.
- Whisk the sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl to blend. Set the cinnamon-sugar aside.
- When the oil is hot, working in batches, fry the doughnuts until they puff but are still pale, about 45 seconds per side. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the doughnuts to paper towels to drain. Cool slightly. While the doughnuts are still warm, add to the bowl with cinnamon-sugar and generously coat with the cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm.