House Ravenclaw Earl Grey Doughnut
- Ready In:
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 earl grey tea bags, strings cut off
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup yellow candy melts to decorate doughnut
- edible gold spray to decorate doughnut (or bronze)
- canola oil (for frying)
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can of homestyle buttermilk refrigerator biscuits
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- royal blue gel food coloring
- edible silver stars to decorate doughnut
- Add milk and tea bags to a small saucepan over low heat. Heat gently for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not let boil. Remove tea bags. Pour milk into a bowl over ice bath and let cool, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the ice bath and add vanilla pudding mix. Whisk for 2-5 minutes until thickened. Transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a round tk tip and set aside in fridge.
- Add candy melts to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, whisking in between, until melted. Transfer to a piping bag. Pipe out 8 pairs of wings onto parchment-lined baking sheet, using a template if needed. Chill in fridge until set, about 10 minutes. Spray with edible gold spray and let set.
- Add about 4 inches of oil in a heavy-bottomed pot and attach a thermometer. Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Fry biscuits in batches until golden brown and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Insert a chopstick in the side of each doughnut and wiggle around to hollow some space. Fill with chilled pudding mixture.
- Add the cream cheese, sugar, and salt to the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Beat until fluffy and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and several drops of blue gel food coloring to the standing mixer and whip to stiff peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture in 3 batches.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with an 826 star tip.
- Pipe a swirl of frosting on top of each doughnut. Sprinkle silver stars over the frosting. Insert the wings into the frosting and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!