Recipe by Sharon123
Halved Brussels sprouts are quickly stir fried with garlic, then tossed in Umami sauce which makes a nice, thick sauce. Yum. The computer would not let me say umami sauce in the ingredients, so I put soy sauce, but use umami sauce! From Colorado Homes, taken from True Food: Seasonal, Sustainable, Simple, Pure by Andrew Weil MD, Sam Fox and Micheal Stebner.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (DO NOT USE SOY SAUCE(use Umami Sauce)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat wok or skillet over high heat. Add the oil.
- When hot, add the Brussels sprouts and garlic, and saute for 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup water, cover and cook for 2 minutes, tossing to cook evenly.
- Remove the cover and stir in the Umami sauce, lemon juice, zest and pepper.
- Continue to cook while occasionally tossing until the liquid is reduced to a thick sauce, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and serve hot.