Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sl
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Trim off the stems and remove any limp leaves from the Brussels Sprouts.
- Blanch the sprouts in boiling water to cover for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the olive oil, garlic and onion.
- Saute a few minutes until the onion just becomes tender.
- Add the blanched drained Brussels Sprouts.
- Saute a few minutes until the Brussels Sprouts are cooked to your liking.
- Add the vinegar and toss so that all the sprouts are coated with the vinegar.
- Add the butter and salt and pepper to taste and toss together again.
This was only ok. Perhaps I'm too used to used to buttery brussel sprouts but this was simply too sour for me.
I have always had a hate/hate relationship with Brussels Srouts. This recipe is really good, I loved these! I added some brown sugar and a tesp. of Spicy Brown Mustard and a splash of Worshishire sauce. Very good.