Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a NJ magazine - 11/2008 for Thanksgiving recipes.
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 pints Brussels sprouts, cleaned, trimmed, halved lengthwise and sliced into 1/2-inch ribbons (to clean Brussels sprouts, trim off root ends and peel off the first few leaves)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped coarsely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Saute bacon in a large saute pan over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Reserve fat in pan. Add onion and saute on medium heat until softened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add Brussels sprouts and garlic. Saute until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Return bacon to pan and cook until heated, about 1 minute more.