1/1 Photo of Brussels Sprouts and Peas With Bacon
Originally from Good Housekeeping. Posted in response to a request. Perfect as a side dish for Thanksgiving! Bacon makes everything taste good--even brussel sprouts! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim stems and any yellow leaves from Brussels sprouts.
- 2Cut each sprout vertically into quarters; set aside.
- 3In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until browned, stirring frequently.
- 4With slotted spoon, transfer bacon pieces to paper towels to drain; reserve bacon fat.
- 5If necessary, add vegetable oil to bacon fat in skillet to equal 2 tablespoons total fat; heat over medium heat until hot.
- 6Add onion and cook until tender and lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Increase heat to medium-high; add Brussels sprouts and 1/4 cup water, and cook 6 to 8 minutes, until sprouts are browned, stirring occasionally.
- 8Reduce heat to medium-low; add frozen peas, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup water, and cook, covered, 12 minutes or until sprouts are tender.
- 9Stir in bacon.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts and Peas With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.0
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 203.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g