Recipe by Tebo
People seem to love or hate brussels sprouts. There is no inbetween. I'm on the love em side. Microwaving this avoids the leaching out of all the vitamines and goodness. Goes with almost any main course you may serve.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, trimmed with x on bottom
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 " thick
- 1⁄2 cup cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk or 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sprouts, carrot and water in 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Microwave covered on high 7-9 minutes , until tender-crisp.
- Combine soup, thyme, milk, lemon juice and celery seeds in small bowl.
- Microwave uncovered on high 1 minute.
- Add to drained vegetables and toss to coat.
- Microwave on high covered for 1 minute.
- Let stand 1 minute and serve.