Recipe by startnover
This is heaven, being able to sit down and eat a whole bowl of bruschetta! It is pasta though so there isn't the browned factor unless you put it in a casserole and broil it for a minute. It is awesome served with blackened chicken or garlic shrimp as well.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
No linguini in the pantry. So to save myself a trip to the store, I used two 8oz. packages of tortellini instead. A delicious way to use up some fresh tomatoes from the garden. My family really enjoyed this!
- 1 lb linguine
- 5 -6 large ripe roma tomatoes
- 4 green onions
- 2 -4 large minced garlic cloves (if you don't like large amounts go with two)
- 12 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguine per directions.
- While it is cooking dice the tomatoes and thinly slice the onions.
- Place tomatoes (and their juice), onions, basil, garlic, oil, and salt and pepper (to taste) in a large bowl.
- When noodles are al dente remove from heat, drain and pour the hot noodles onto the other ingredients. Toss together with tongs and then grate in as much fresh parmesan as desired, tossing well to coat all.
- Serve with a little thinly sliced basil and a bit of fresh grated parmesan to garnish.
- To make a meal of it serve with grilled blackened chicken or garlic shrimp.