Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is heaven, being able to sit down and eat a whole bowl of bruschetta! It is pasta though so there isn't the browned factor unless you put it in a casserole and broil it for a minute. It is awesome served with blackened chicken or garlic shrimp as well.
- 1 lb linguine
- 5 -6 large ripe roma tomatoes
- 4 green onions
- 2 -4 large minced garlic cloves (if you don't like large amounts go with two)
- 12 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook linguine per directions.
- While it is cooking dice the tomatoes and thinly slice the onions.
- Place tomatoes (and their juice), onions, basil, garlic, oil, and salt and pepper (to taste) in a large bowl.
- When noodles are al dente remove from heat, drain and pour the hot noodles onto the other ingredients. Toss together with tongs and then grate in as much fresh parmesan as desired, tossing well to coat all.
- Serve with a little thinly sliced basil and a bit of fresh grated parmesan to garnish.
- To make a meal of it serve with grilled blackened chicken or garlic shrimp.
No linguini in the pantry. So to save myself a trip to the store, I used two 8oz. packages of tortellini instead. A delicious way to use up some fresh tomatoes from the garden. My family really enjoyed this!
So easy and quick to make and what flavour!! Amazing reviews from DH too and he doesn't typically like fresh tomatoes. This is to become a regular meal now. I added a bit of fine chopped red onion and a splash of balsamic vinegar to the bruschetta as it sat. We had steamed mussels on the side that we mixed in. This will be great to make up in a large quantity for guests too! Love that this is low sodium yet sooooo yummy. DH needs yummy low sodium meals. Thanks for posting this!