This is heaven, being able to sit down and eat a whole bowl of bruschetta! It is pasta though so there isn't the browned factor unless you put it in a casserole and broil it for a minute. It is awesome served with blackened chicken or garlic shrimp as well.
- Cook linguine per directions.
- While it is cooking dice the tomatoes and thinly slice the onions.
- Place tomatoes (and their juice), onions, basil, garlic, oil, and salt and pepper (to taste) in a large bowl.
- When noodles are al dente remove from heat, drain and pour the hot noodles onto the other ingredients. Toss together with tongs and then grate in as much fresh parmesan as desired, tossing well to coat all.
- Serve with a little thinly sliced basil and a bit of fresh grated parmesan to garnish.
- To make a meal of it serve with grilled blackened chicken or garlic shrimp.
So easy and quick to make and what flavour!! Amazing reviews from DH too and he doesn't typically like fresh tomatoes. This is to become a regular meal now. I added a bit of fine chopped red onion and a splash of balsamic vinegar to the bruschetta as it sat. We had steamed mussels on the side that we mixed in. This will be great to make up in a large quantity for guests too! Love that this is low sodium yet sooooo yummy. DH needs yummy low sodium meals. Thanks for posting this!
Absolutely yummy! I did heat the sauce and added balsamic vinegar and garlic salt as well as extra garlic... it was thin but I had a big spoon and ate every drop of the broth portion. Served it without chicken or shrimp to my son and his friend... and just as I was clearing the table, one more friend popped in and he loved it too!