Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
CL annual 2003
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled gorgonzola (about 1-1/2 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon brandy or 1 tablespoon cognac
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf French bread or 1 loaf baguette
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 3 granny smith apples
- cooking spray
- Preheat grill.
- Slice bread into 1 inch thick slices.
- Slice each apple into 8 wedges. Remove core.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring to blend.
- Place bread slices on grill that has been coated with cooking spray., Cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Remove from grill and rub cut sides of garlic over one side of each slice.
- Spread 2 teaspoons cheese mixture over each bread slice.
- Serve with apple wedges.
- Serving size is 1 slice bread with 2 apple wedges.
I didn't like this combination of tastes. The recipe might be fine without the brandy (perhaps with apple juice) but the brandy was overpowering. I'm not planning to make this again.