Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A favourite in our house!
- 8 slices French bread or 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Under broiler, toast bread on both sides until brown.
- Rub one side of hot toast with cut side of garlic.
- While bread is toasting, heat oil in non stick fry pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring until tender.
- Add tomato, oregano and pepper.
- Stir to mix.
- Spoon tomato mixture over garlic side of toast and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, then broil for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
This was a simple and delicious way to use tomatoes. I made it just as posted and it turned out great - thank you.
Oh my Brenda, this is now a favorite in our house too. Made this for our Labor Day Picnic and it was gone before I could even get a picture to post. I made the tomato mixture the night before and then topped everything and broiled just before serving. Wonderful blend of flavors and so easy to put together. This will be made many times in the future at our house. Thanks for posting, maybe next time I'll be able to get that picture.
Excellent tasty recipe. Easy & quick to make. I didn't fry the onions I just added them raw (sweet Maui) Thanks for posting the recipe Brenda