Recipe by Sue Steinmetz
Great for an appetizer and easy to make
Top Review by Musical Joy
Made a scaled version of this tonight for my dinner - very easy and tasty. I loved the parmesan cheese mixed in with the tomatoes. I used green onion instead of regular onion and some basic Italian spices in place of the chives. Broiled the bread in my toaster oven - didn't even need to turn on our big oven! I will be making this again - thanks!
- 4 -5 roma tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf Italian bread or 1 loaf French bread, sliced into 1 inch slices
- olive oil
- mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Add together in a bowl: diced tomatos, crushed garlic, onion, chives, olive oil, and cheese.
- Mix well.
- Brush the tops of the bread with olive oil and then top with the tomato mixture and cheese.
- Broil on middle rack until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- (Check every 5 mintutes).