Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Tomatoes, olives and bread, a recipe can't go wrong with those three things in it. I also love the tomato mixture on top of fresh buffalo mozzarella.
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely shredded
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 garlic clove
- Combine the first five ingredients and mix well. Let sit.
- Slice the bread on a slight bias into 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick slices. Rub the bread slices with the garlic clove and brush the bread on both sides with good quality olive oil.
- Toast the bread on a hot grill until crispy and you have char marks from the grate.
- To serve put 1 tablespoons the tomato mixtureon the bread.
fantastic basic bruchetta! i added some fresh parmisan and some mozza to the bread. also adds a touch more flavor with a spash of olive oil in the mix