A great accompanyment to any "Southern Barbeque" or by itself with a side of cornbread.
Make and share this Brunswick Stew Georgia Style ( Chicken & Pork ) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 celery ribs
- 2 carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 quarts water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb shredded pork
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups peeled and chopped potatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen white shoepeg corn, thawed
- 1 cup mirepoix (diced Celery, Carrot and Onion sauted in butter)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- hot sauce
- Cut celery, carrots, and onion in half; combine vegetables, chicken and next 3 ingredients in a large stockpot.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 1 hour or until chicken is very tender.
- Bone and shred chicken.
- Pour broth through a wire mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding vegetables; return broth to stockpot and add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or desired thickness.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.