Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mom found or invented this one years ago. It is easy and very tasty. One of my favorites.
- 9 -12 slices bread, crust removed and cubed
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 lb muenster cheese, sliced
- 1 lb bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- layer bread cubes on bottom.
- Next layer cheeses and bacon.
- Beat eggs, milk and salt and pour over top.
- Cover with foil and let stand 12 hours or overnight.
- Keep covered and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.