Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A lovely dough filled with a yummy sausage filling. Mushrooms could be added when sauteing.
Make and share this Brunch Braid recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces bulk pork sausage (mild or hot)
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, small cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (green part only)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 package crescent roll
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- On med heat, brown sausage, add next 4 ingredients, drain.
- Add cream cheese, green onion and parsley.
- Cook and stir on low until cheese is melted.
- Set aside.
- Unroll dough on greased baking sheet, press to close seams.
- Roll into 12x10 rectangle.
- Spoon meat mixture to within 3 inches of long sides, and 1 inch of ends.
- On the long sides, cut 1 inch wide strips 3 inches into center.
- Starting at one end, braid the strips at an angle.
- Brush with egg.
- Bake at 350* for 25 minutes, or until golden.
This was good, even though I messed up and added 8 oz of cream cheese by mistake. My guests loved it, and so did I.