Recipe by The Thorn of Hudson, FL
This is very easy to make, and wonderful on a cold day. It was from a special friend, but my family (my Dad in particular named it -in our household - Bruce's Soup.) I post this in my Dad's memory - he passed away Apr 05.
Top Review by sugarpea
Made this using the fresh version of everything except the canned tomatoes. Excellent, fast and satisfying. Dh (meat lover) especially loved it. I switched to turkey meatballs and turkey sausage and added 1 1/2tsp Italian seasoning.
- 2 (16 ounce) bagsof frozen ravioli or 2 (16 ounce) bags tortellini
- 1 (30 ounce) can Swanson chicken broth (the large can size)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen Italian cut green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen peppers and onions (stir fry)
- 2 lbs ground beef, browned, crumbled and drained
- 2 lbs hot Italian sausage, browned, crumbled and drained
- mini meatballs, Dad loved them (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Ravioli or Tortellini according to package directions (al dente) and well drained, put aside.
- Mix all the remaining listed ingredients in a large stew pot, cook on low until heated through out - add your choice of cooked ravioli, or tortellini.
- Serve in a large soup bowl - sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese.
- Seve with fresh hot Italian bread.