- 1⁄4 lb unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans or 2⁄3 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- In a saucepan or microwave, melt chocolate and butter.
- Blend in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Then stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and nuts.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then cut into squares.