Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A classic treat.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan and then line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar.
- Fold in the melted chocolate mixture and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt and then fold into the chocolate and sugar mixture until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 45 - 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.