Prep 72 hrs
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
"Oreo crumb crust. Creamy cheesecake. Fudgy brownies. Chocolate ganache glaze." Found on http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2008/10/11/brownie-mosaic-cheesecake/ I've made the brownies only but used honey instead of sugar. They aren't very sweet - perfect for adding into a rich cheesecake - not perfect for just a brownie by themselves. They do have an awesome texture perfect for the cheesecake!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3 cups Oreo cookies, finely ground
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Day 1: Part One - Brownies.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 13×9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Grease foil.
- Place chocolate and butter in a saucepan on medium heat and stir until both have completely melted.
- Stir in sugar.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt; mix well.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minute or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.).
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Remove brownies from pan, using foil handles.
- Cool brownies overnight, then cut them into 3/4- to 1-inch squares for use in the cheesecake.
- Day 1: Part Two - Crumb Crust:.
- Stir together crust ingredients and press into bottom and 1 inch up side of a buttered 10 inch springform pan.
- Chill for up to 2 hours.
- Day 2: Part Three - Cheesecake.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla, beating on low speed until each ingredient is incorporated and scraping down bowl between additions.
- Fold 2 cups of brownie cubes in very gently and pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Put springform pan with crust in a shallow baking pan.
- Pour filling into crust and bake in baking pan (to catch drips) in middle of oven 45 minutes, or until cake is set 3 inches from edge but center is still slightly wobbly when pan is gently shaken.
- Chill overnight.
- Day 3: Part Four - Ganache Glaze.
- Place finely chopped chocolate in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Scald the butter and cream together in a saucepan.
- Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Whisk in vanilla and then whisk in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread over cheesecake while ganache is still warm.
- Chill until ready to serve.