1/1 Photo of Brownie Ganache Torte
5 hrs 30 mins
4 hrs 50 mins
Nobody will believe that this bakery-fancy cake starts with a brownie mix! We had it last night at a dinner party and it was awesome. Don't let the long laundry list deter you it is really worth the effort. Courtesy Barbara Estabrook - Rhinelander, Wi. Pillsbury Bake-Off 41 (Hollywood, 2004).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup almond toffee bits
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur or 1 tablespoon strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) box pillsbury brownie classic fudge toffee pieces or 1 (19 1/2 ounce) box traditional fudge brownie mix
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup chopped slivered almonds, toasted*
- unsweetened whipped cream (optional)
- 2Lightly butter bottom only 10-inch springform pan or spray with cooking spray.
- 3In medium bowl, mix graham creacker crumbs, toffee bits, brown sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter with fork until crumbs are coated.
- 4Press in bottom of buttered pan.
- 5Chcolate Layer:.
- 6In 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream over medium-low heat until hot.
- 7Stir in liqueur.
- 8With wire whisk, stir in chocolate chips until smooth.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Place 1/4 cup chocolate mixture in small microwaveable bowl; set aside for drizzle.
- 11Pour and carefully spread remaining chocolate mixture over crust.
- 12Freeze for 20 minutes.
- 14Heat oven to 325ºF.
- 15In a large bowl, mix brownie mix, 6 Tablespoons melted butter and the water; beat 50 strokes with spoon (mixture will be thick).
- 16In a small bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer on high speed 1-2 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- 17Add brownie mixture, beat with electric mixer on low speed just until well blended, about 30 seconds (batter will appear lumpy).
- 18Remove crust from freezer.
- 19Spread batter over chocolate layer.
- 20Sprinkle almonds evenly over top.
- 21Bake at 325ºF for 45-60 minutes or until center is puffed and set and edges are firm (middle will be soft).
- 22DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- 23Cool on wire rack 2 hours.
- 24Run knife around side of pan; remove side.
- 25Microwave reserved chocolate mixture on High for 10-15 seconds until desired drizzling consistency; drizzle over torte.
- 26To serve at room temperature, cool an aditional hour.
- 27Or refrigerate until serving time.
- 28If desired, top individual servings with unsweetened whipped cream.
- 29Now, sit down and enjoy with a cup of coffee!
- 30*To toast chopped almonds, spread on cookie sheet; bake at 325ºF for 6-8 minutes, striing once, until golden brown. (This can be done while making the crust or chocolate layer).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownie Ganache Torte
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.5
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 47.5 mg
- Sodium 215.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
almond toffee bits