Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are the best I've had! They're moist, fudgy and easy to make! Make sure to use liners or they will fall apart a little.
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares (I use Nestle Toll House Baking Bar)
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, sliced
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line two 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler, stirring occasionally. (if you don't have a double boiler, try putting a smaller sauce pan in a larger one and slowly melt).
- Beat sugar and eggs in large mixer bowl on high for about 3 minutes or until mixture falls from beaters in ribbons.
- With mixer at medium speed, add melted chocolate mixture to egg mixture.
- Gradually add flour.
- Stir in nuts.
- Scoop 1/3 cup batter into each cupcake liner, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out with loose crumbs attached.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.