Recipe by - Momma Loon
It is very rich, and worth the time and calories
Top Review by charlotteaholmes
I love this recipe! I have made it at least 3 times. This was the first ever cheesecake recipe I attempted because the boyfriend wanted a cheesecake for his birthday. It was perfect! I use some of the chocolate in the middle with the carmel (I like chocolate alot). I would also suggest putting some foil under the pan sometimes the caramel leaks out of the springform.
- 1 (9 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 (14 ounce) packageindividually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate fudge topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brownie mix, 1 egg and water.
- Spread into the greased pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Melt the caramels with the evaporated milk over low heat in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir often, and heat until mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of this caramel mixture, and pour the remainder over the warm, baked brownie crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over caramel mixture.
- Bake cheesecake for 40 minutes.
- Chill in pan.
- When cake is thoroughly chilled, loosen by running a knife around the edge, and then remove the rim of the pan.
- Heat reserved caramel mixture, and spoon over cheesecake.
- Drizzle with the chocolate topping.