It is very rich, and worth the time and calories
Make and share this Brownie Caramel Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brownie mix, 1 egg and water.
- Spread into the greased pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Melt the caramels with the evaporated milk over low heat in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir often, and heat until mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of this caramel mixture, and pour the remainder over the warm, baked brownie crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over caramel mixture.
- Bake cheesecake for 40 minutes.
- Chill in pan.
- When cake is thoroughly chilled, loosen by running a knife around the edge, and then remove the rim of the pan.
- Heat reserved caramel mixture, and spoon over cheesecake.
- Drizzle with the chocolate topping.
I love this recipe! I have made it at least 3 times. This was the first ever cheesecake recipe I attempted because the boyfriend wanted a cheesecake for his birthday. It was perfect! I use some of the chocolate in the middle with the carmel (I like chocolate alot). I would also suggest putting some foil under the pan sometimes the caramel leaks out of the springform.
This was absolutely amazing!!! The only tweak I made was to use a full brownie box (about double the recommended) and just followed the directions on the box, and went from there. We have made it twice in the past two weeks for birthdays, and it will definitely be a tradition! Thanks so much!
This was great! BF said he could eat himself sick on it. I agree, it's so rich but very addictive!
Made this again but decided to make as individual cheesecakes using the individual cheesecake idea that RecipeNut submitted. I also did not have the patience for the caramel and used Nestle Dulce de Leche instead. I also used the Kahlua Brownie recipe for the bottom. People at work were literally fighting over whether people took more than one and if they should have to give them to someone that hadn't had one!